Effective October 1st, 2016
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statute §29-252, as amended by Public Act 16-215, the
following national model codes, as amended herein, are adopted and shall be known as the
2016 Connecticut State Building Code:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2009 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2014 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, of the National Fire Protection Association Inc.
- 2012 International Residential Code of the International Code Council, Inc.
Copies of the International Codes may be obtained from the International Code Council, Inc.,
4051 West Flossmoor Road., Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795 (website: www.iccsafe.org).
Copies of the 2014 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, may be obtained from the National Fire
Protection Association Inc., 1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101, Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Copies of the 2016 Connecticut State Building Code document (amendments) may be downloaded from the website: www.ct.gov/dcs.
The requirements of the 2016 State Building Code shall apply to all work for which a permit
application was made on or after the date of adoption.
Connecticut State Building Official's web page
2005 Connecticut State Building Code
- 2009 Amendment to the 2005 Connecticut State Building Code
- 2011 Amendment to the 2005 Connecticut State Building Code
- 2013 Amendment to the 2005 Connecticut State Building Code
- 2016 Amendment to the 2012 Connecticut State Building Code
Modifications to the State Building Codes and Procedure for Requesting a Modification
Formal Interpretations of the Connecticut State Building Code
Smoke & CO Detection Requirements