Effective October 1st, 2016
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statute §29-252, as amended by Public Act 16-215, the
following national model codes, as amended herein, are adopted and shall be known as the
2016 Connecticut State Building Code:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2009 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, of the National Fire Protection Association Inc.
- 2015 International Residential Code of the International Code Council, Inc.
Copies of the International Codes may be obtained from the International Code Council, Inc.,
4051 West Flossmoor Road., Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795 (website: www.iccsafe.org).
Copies of the 2017 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, may be obtained from the National Fire
Protection Association Inc., 1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101, Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Copies of the 2018 Connecticut State Building Code document (amendments) may be downloaded from the website: www.ct.gov/dcs.
The requirements of the 2018 State Building Code shall apply to all work for which a permit
application was made on or after the date of adoption.
Connecticut State Building Official's web page
Historical Connecticut State Building Codes
Modifications to the State Building Codes and Procedure for Requesting a Modification
Formal Interpretations of the Connecticut State Building Code
Smoke & CO Detection Requirements